Upper Eyelid Surgery - Blepharoplasty in New York
- Excess skin obscuring the natural fold of the upper eyelids.
- Loose skin hanging down from the upper eyelids, perhaps impairing vision.
- A puffy appearance to the upper eyelids, making the eyes look tired.
- What's special about my approach:
- If a woman looks better when I gently lift the brows with my fingers, then I do a brow lift before correcting the upper lids (less skin will then be removed from the upper lids.)
- The upper lids must not be made hollow. Remember, the youthful upper face is full. Look at fashion models in magazines. They have a full upper eyelid.
- I keep the incisions short.
- My highest priority is to leave the patient looking fresher without any pulled, tight, windswept, or artificial look. The spirit and the expression of the face must remain intact. The result must be natural.
- I study each face carefully (comparing it to photos of the patient when younger) to arrive at an individualized plan. Each face ages differently.
- I perform all surgery myself.
The upper eyelid plasty removes the sagging skin from the upper lids. The fat contour both inside and outside the orbit may need to be improved. In patients who do not need a brow lift, the frown muscles can be treated through the upper eyelid incision.
There is a faint scar in the lid fold.
Combination Facial Procedures:
The procedures listed below are frequently performed alone or in conjunction with a upper eyelid surgery:
With anti-bruising medication and gentle handling of the tissues, the recovery is fairly quick. Most patients are presentable one week after eyelid surgery.