Update on advancements in our program to minimize scars.
Breast Reduction in New York
Best Candidates for Breast Reduction:
- Women who don't like their large breasts and who are also often concerned with sagging and loss of firmness. These women have a huge psychological benefit. They are no longer self-conscious about their body.
- Women suffering from neck pain, backaches and painful shoulder grooves due to large heavy breasts feel much more comfortable after breast reduction surgery.
- Women who need correction of breast asymmetry.
What's special about my approach:
- MINIMAL SCAR breast reduction
- I perform several different breast reduction techniques such as breast reduction with only liposuction (scarless). I carefully individualize the correct technique for each patient.
- I mark the breasts with a skin pen in my office the day before surgery. This way I can make the artistic decisions at my leisure away from the commotion of the operating room.
- I finish the operation with the patient in the sitting position on the operating table. This way I can check final shape and symmetry.
Breast reduction surgery is true sculpture and the goal is not just to make the
breast smaller but to create a beautiful shape with the smallest scars. The surgeon
needs a good eye and he needs to have mastered the new techniques. The scars
should not only be as short as possible but as fine as possible. Most of the
time, patients are thrilled with the new size and shape and accept the scar as
a worthwhile "trade-off."
Breast reduction techniques can be divided into five types, based on the length and position of the scars.
- Liposuction breast reduction. This is a great technique for the right candidate because there are no scars.
- For women without severe sagging, breast reduction surgery can be performed with only a short scar in the fold under the breast. This technique is good to reduce the breast by one or two cup sizes.
- Another option leaves a scar around the nipple.
- For many women, the technique
of choice leaves a "lollipop scar" going around the nipple and below the
nipple. This operation is a major improvement over older ones.
- Finally, for a few women
with very large breasts and severe sagging, the scar looks like an upside
down "T" on the underside of the breast.
I plan the operation to preserve the blood and nerve supply to the nipple and most of my patients report normal or even increased nipple sensation following surgery. But it is possible to have diminished nipple sensation after surgery.
Patients who have large heavy breasts associated with medical symptoms very often have insurance coverage for breast reduction.
Following breast reduction surgery, you can expect some bruising and swelling for a few days. After the first week, you may resume your normal activities. Most women take a few days from work or school. Vigorous athletic activities such as aerobics or ballet dancing should be avoided for two weeks following surgery.